Website Applied Technology Group
As an Applied Technology Software Engineer – Level 1 , you will be responsible for the following
GENERALIZED EXPERIENCE: Provided by NGC
GENERALIZED EXPERIENCE: Completed by Teammate
- Required – Shall have twelve (12) years experience in system engineering. Seven (7) years experience shall have occurred within the past ten (10) years.
- Required – Shall have two (2) years experience in the cleared environment.
- Required – Must work Tuesday – Friday 2200 – 0800
- Desired – Five (5) years experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Required – Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Highly Desired – Shall have seven (7) years of Systems Administration experience with the combined specific network operating system, hardware, and software experience to be supported is required. Specific hardware and software configurations include: HP Blade Servers, CISCO 6500 series switches, Enterprise Class Storage large clustered file system, Oracle clustered file system, Quick File System, UNIX, LINUX systems and New Technology File System. COTS applications include Oracle, HPOpenView, BASIS, Mnemonic software and GOTS applications written in C, C++, JAVA and Shell Scripts.
- Highly Desired – Demonstrated experience leading teams of administrators and interfacing with user communities and technical customers.
- Highly Desired – Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
- Highly Desired – Meet one of the following two skill sets.
o Programming skills in C, Perl or Bourne Shell along with experience providing system administration of a database-centric system and knowledge of RDBMS, SQL Server and database security features.
o Experience administering Solaris, UNIX, LINUX systems, or Windows 2000/2003 Servers, SQL Server 2000/2005 RDBMS and Dell/HP hardware is required. Experience with SURVIVOR hardware and software configurations.
- Highly Desired – Six (6) years experience (combined) with Unix, Linux and Windows.
- Desired – Experience in resolving complex situations for operational mission critical systems.
- Desired – Five (5) years experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Desired – Five (5) years experience developing solutions that integrate and extend COTS products.
- Desired – Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, backup, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage within clustered or cloud environments
- Desired – Experience implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Desired – Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google’s BIG TABLE.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience. A Master’s Degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to six (6) years experience.
NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
Required Skills / Education:
- 7 + years experience as a software developer
- 5 + years direct experience with Java developer
- 1+ years’ experience with JEE development
- Experience working on Data-driven business applications written in Java
- Good communications and documentation skills
- Must be comfortable working in either Windows or Linux based environments
- OLTP database (Oracle, MySQL, etc) database experience a plus
- MongoDB experience a plus
- Experience with GWT
- Domain knowledge of the TUSCAN portfolio of capabilities is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting (sh, bash, perl, and other scripting tools/language)
- Agile/Scrum methodology a plus
Required Clearance: Top Secret – FSP
Schedule: Full Time
Required Labor Category Skills
Seven (7) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathmatical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
Modify existing softare to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
Write or review software and system documentation
Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performace and functional standards
Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or repositories
Debug existing software and corrects defects
Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
Applied Technology Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.